Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ugh.

I have been dreadfully busy this week. Tired all the time, working non-stop on either schoolwork or at Barnes & Noble, makin' that money. Sunday night I posed for my friend Gabby's project, The Stripped Project, and it really made me nervous. First, lets have a rundown of what her project is and why it's awesome:

Gabby is taking neck down, front and back nude shots of everyone who wants to get naked for her. She then puts these photos on her website, unedited, un-airbrushed, all natural. She calls it her anti-art project; she wants to get the message out that hey! Every body is beautiful. Every body is different, and hardly any body looks like the people in magazines. Check it out and follow her on blogspot if you have one! :D

So, I had posed for her last semester in the library at my college. Yup, I was bare-ass naked in our library, at like ten o'clock at night. However, because of the fear of reprimand by school officials, she took the pictures down. So, Sunday night I posed for her again, cigarette and lighter in hand and nothing else on, this time in the basement of the art building, against an unidentifiable blank wall. And, ya know, it was cool. Then, the next day I saw the photos. And they weren't very flattering. But- that's the point. It freaked me out. I suppose I have this idea in my head of what I look like, and every time I'm confronted with my actual image, it's completely different. And shocking.

I'm not sure what the conclusion of this post is, but I am definitely still trying to be mindful. And another thing: I need to stop comparing myself to other people's bodies. I notice I do that. Not a lot, but enough. And it's very very bad.

Well, I guess that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment