Saturday, February 6, 2010

Short Musings

I've noticed, since I've tried to become more mindful, that the times when I feel badly about my body are when I'm tired, cranky, or feel like I've just been insulted, or someone doesn't appreciate my efforts. It's mostly when I feel like some insult has been paid to my abilities, or my personality, or my intellect, and that's when I start to feel badly about my body. I see the connection; my body is the "easiest" thing to change about myself, and the thing I have the most control over.

I've been talking up the blog to several of my friends, and the response has been very positive. I've also gotten a lot of people to agree to write a guest blog, which I'm excited about. I have people writing from all different view points, and I think they will add some interesting flavors into the mix of insights.

Being more mindful is difficult, but I'm plugging along. :)

1 comment:

  1. I seem to have this same problem... it's really starting to affect my relationships... after a while im always conscience that i'm not being very reasonable but i can't make myself stop having these feelings... i dont know what to do... it's reuining my entire life.

    ReplyDelete